Creating a Forced Ordered Button Interaction in Storyline
There are so many different ways to create inactions in Storyline, which is one of the reasons I like it so much. There was a post in the forums about how to create an interaction where the learner must click the buttons in sequence. In playing with this issue, I came up with several different methods. Each has their merits. Some are easier to create and reproduce, others are more robust.
Below is a video that walks through how I created each and also the completed .story file. This was created in Storyline 2, but the method would work in any version.
Different versions of same activity
- use a transparent shape to block access to items on the slide (slide 1)
- use built in states (slide 2)
- use your own created states (slide 3 – built in coloured visited state/slide 4 – user created only)
- use your own created states and add a layer of feedback (slide 5)
- use your own created states and variables with an added layer of feedback (slide 6)
.story file (SL2)